At Faith everything we do is grounded in worship, where we reliably encounter the living God in scriptures, sermons, and the sacraments (i.e., Holy Baptism, Holy Communion).
Lutheran worship uses a liturgy formed from Bible passages. Weekly scripture readings follow the church calendar. Our worship style is also known for its strong musical tradition. Learn more.
Worship dimensions at Faith
- Sundays. Holy Communion at 8:30 & 11:00 am, and 6:00 pm. A nursery for children, kindergarten age and younger, is available at morning services.
- Children Worship and Wonder. Children ages 3-8 can spend a meaningful time with God in a worship environment designed especially for them that follows the pattern of the adult worship service (Gathering, Word, Meal, Sending). It is a quiet environment where children and leaders move slowly, speak quietly, and use silence to encourage thought and wondering about God. CWW meets during the school year. For more information, please contact Joan Sorenson or Bonnie Harstad.
Worship leadership opportunities
- Youth in grades 4 - 8 are encouraged to serve as acolyes.
- Youth in grades 7 - 12 can serve as crucifers and torchbearers in festival worship services.
- Adults assist in worship by reading the lessons, leading the prayers, and assisting in the distribution of Holy Communion.
- Adults also serve as sacristans, who prepare the altar for worship.
- See music and Visual arts for additional leadership opportunities.